My classes have been built on the foundation of 20 years of experience both teaching childbirth education and attending hundreds of births as a Professional Labor Doula. You can read more about my curriculums content and my philosophy at www.expectingkindness.com and please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. This is a comprehensive course covering everything you need to have an informed birth, with intervention limited to necessity. It will prepare you to understand the whole labor process, identify the stages of labor so you can use appropriate tools, techniques, and activities throughout the process. Additionally you will learn self advocacy, to identify and ask thoughtful and important questions. Making thoughtful choices leading up to your birth will provide your body and your baby every possible advantage in bringing about the safest, most loving, and welcoming birth experience possible. For more information, or to just browse my posts, you can also visit my blog at www.kind-birth.blogspot.com.
- Discusses in detail the entire birth process (divided into stages) to eliminate fear and empower you to work with your body.
- Incorporates activities and skills practice that will enhance your understanding of the labor process and help you to better manage contractions and environment.
- Strongly emphasizes and encourages balanced nutrition (with adequate protein intake) and exercise to minimize the risk factors that are within our control.
- Offers a variety of tools and techniques for managing pain without using chemical cocktails, giving you the opportunity to see and feel what your body is capable of.
- Prepares birth partners to understand the stages of labor, to be able to identify the phases within those stages and to understand what a laboring woman needs are throughout the process. Your partner will learn tried and true support techniques that address all potential areas of comforting you may need, sensual, emotional, mental, and even spiritual.
- Offers you detailed information about common variations in childbirth; we discuss what interventions may be offered/suggested/pushed and what options are available to you in the event that you are required you to make decisions for the health and well being of you and/or your baby.
- Covers post-partum care for the whole family, breastfeeding, normal newborn care and early parenting support.
Phone: 206.356.8409 (call/text)
Meeting late Summer and early Autumn Due Dates:
Kind Birth Education at Sprout Birth Center and Natural Health, Mountlake Terrace Wa
Dates: August 9, 16, and 23, September 6, 13, 20, and 27
Meeting Late Autumn
Kind Birth Education at Eastside Birth Center, Bellevue Wa
Dates: September 5 (Tuesday after Labor Day), and Mondays the 11, 18 and 25, October 2, 9, 16.
Kind Birth Education at Kind Birth Services, Kirkland Wa
Monthly Open House - Meet the Doula/Author/Educator and bring your questions!
Kind Birth Education BabyMoon Retreat Course (limit 6 couples)
The standard private series is comprised of 3, 2-3 hour appointments that are held either at your home and is tailored to your individuals needs and interests. This series works well for families whose schedule doesn't work well for a weekly class as well as families in need of a refresher course for 2nd, 3rd, 4th babies. It can also be a compliment to any other skills based classes you may be interested in taking.